Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Milestone Alert

Well, I’ve finished self-editing the 400 page tome that is Star Lost. I’ve just sent the PDF off to a couple of friends who agreed to look it over. When I get their comments digested in about a month I’ll see if Colin is still up for layout duty, or if I’ll be on my own, or something in between. While Word is a great word processor and can do some swanky things like hyperlinked ToCs and indeces, it’s pretty lousy for making a pretty document. Since I gots no $$, I’m going to have to publish without art (unless someone is crazy enough to provide free art), so I’ll need the tidiest layout I can get.

But for the next stretch of time I won’t be thinking about Star Lost, instead working on some smaller projects I’ve started along the way that are near completion. There’s Gaming the Market, a small cross-genre supplement for randomizing the shopping experience. And there’s also Caltrops, a dice game involving everyone’s favorite pyramidal dice. I’ve also got to get the Hudspeth Games website dressed out (anyone out there want to help? Know Drupal?). After that we’ll see. I’ve been kicking around an idea for both a novel and new game within the same setting. I think I want to focus on the novel, but my lizard brain keeps throwing other ideas at me instead.

Enough updates. Gotta go think about what to cook for dinner.

Q


Currently listening to Various Artists - Jazz Mixes - Jazz Mix Tape III Side One

No comments: