Thursday, June 10, 2010

Dragon Age Machinima

Note: Cross posted from Quentin Hudspeth's Journal.

Permalink

I likes me some Dragon Age. It's a pretty cool game, with a detailed world, a decent story and fairly robust mechanics. While I haven't gotten too far with it, since I don't play it very often, I've thoroughly enjoyed what I've seen so far. So, I was delighted to stumble across a link to the first episode in a new machinima series based in the Dragon Age world and using the Dragon Age animation engine. It takes place after the ending of the game, with the Darkspawn threat routed (the main objective of the game) and fleeing back to whence they came.

This series follows the life of Grey Warden Kristoff after he helps end the Darkspawn blight. The Grey Wardens are the traditional line of defense against the Darkspawn when they inevitably rise in another blight. It’s a gripping and dramatic tale, and it really makes me want to get back into the game. Some new threat appears to be rising from the ashes of the recent war

Warning!!! High Gore Content!!!

No comments: